Industry Award

Solar Safety ShutOFF – Solution to an identified workplace health and safety issue
Safework NSW awarded Remote Solar Isolator a finalist in the 2016 Safework Awards
for best solution to an identified workplace health and safety issue.

The Solution to Rooftop Solar Panel Fires

Posted on January 8, 2014 by People who know solar safety
By Liz Nelson.
When it comes to a house fire, the men in yellow arrive to battle the blaze as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Able to attack the fire from any angle, these individuals put themselves on the line to win this fight. What if the home had rooftop solar panels installed? The firefighter has no choice but to alter his mindset on how to approach the disaster. The same tactics cannot be used because of fear of electrocution.

Continue Reading

Solar Panels Huge Safety Risk For Fire Fighters

Rooftop solar panels pose a huge risk fire fighters trying to put out burning buildings and rescue those who may be trapped inside. This is due to solar panels producing a live electrical current that cannot simply be turned off. Conventional d.c. isolation system installed on rooftop solar panels fails to provide complete and safe isolation. So in times of emergencies, fire fighters may need to reassess tactics. This can often waste valuable fire fighting time. Damage to the array may result in the creation of new and unexpected circuit paths.

Continue Reading

Family memories lost as fire destroys home

“What was once a beautiful family home was reduced to ash this week – and it’s possible it could have been prevented.”

With the number of dc isolator recalls and resulting in an increase of solar panel system fires, there is no better time to install a Solar Safety ShutOFF with Arc detection. It covers all aspects of solar panel safety during an emergency, maintenance or when access to the roof is required.

Continue Reading

A thought on solar safety

With the number of solar installations in Australia, reaching a million and with recent fires involving solar panels, questions are being asked: what are the safety implications to home owners, electrical workers and emergency personnel of these installations? What can be done to make them safer?

Continue Reading

  • 1
  • 2

Winner of “Innovative Product” by Master Electricians Australia (MEA)

Safe Work NSW Finalist – Solution to Identified Safety Issue

Australian Owned, Australian Made
Australian Invented

Copyright © 2019 johndoyleweb