We believe that Solar energy will steadily become the primary source of renewable energy amoungst developed and developing countries. Renewable Solar energy provides a cost effective and safe energy source to millions of people worldwide. Millions of homeowners and companies also support our vision, and have taken the step to reduce their power bills and protect the environment by investing significant resources into solar assets.
That’s where we step in! We believe solar assets must be protected by best practice safety standards. Our Solar Safety ShutOFF product protects people and assets, and is similar to taking out an insurance policy on your solar assets, your home, your family and the community at large. It eliminates risk.
We only partner with businesses who share our commitment to protect homes, families and commercial assets. Our business partners share our passion for quality installations and have the highest level of integrity towards safety.
- Joe Hudson, a well respected Electrician servicing the Hunter Valley NSW area for 25 years, identified a potentially lethal problem in the design of PV Solar installations. Joe Hudson saw that there was no way to safely isolate combined DC voltage in solar arrays, leaving extremely dangerous levels of high voltage within all solar systems. Joe Hudson immediately set his mind to protect people and assets by discovering a solution to this problem.
- The Solar Safety ShutOFF was invented by Joe Hudson, an innovative Australian electrician with integrity and a driving passion for safety
- Presented the Solar Safety ShutOFF on ABC’s New Inventors and won “People choice Award”
- First installation - Ku-ring-gai Council.
- Completed compliance testing for AS3100
- Remote Solar Isolator wins “Innovative Product of the Year (2012)” at the National Annual Excellence Awards held by the Electrical Contractors Association (ECA) and Master Electricians Australia (MEA)
- ETU - National Solar Safety Warning featuring the Solar Safety ShutOFF
2013 – 2017
- Massive fire at Dietz & Watson warehouse in USA. Changes everything. USA amended the National Electrical Code 2017 incorporating rapid shutdown and module isolation on all solar installations in USA. The Code to be rolled out over a 2 year period.
- The Solar Safety ShutOFF was redesigned to make it smaller, cheaper and better.
- CEO Joe Hudson talks to 2GB Radio Ross Greenwood about solar panels and the safety of electricians, emergency services, the general public and homeowners.
- Safework NSW awarded Solar Safety ShutOFF a finalist in the 2016 Safework Awards for best solution to an identified workplace health and safety issue.
- The Solar Safety ShutOFF patent granted in Australia
- The European Patent Office granted EU patent in March 2018
- The USA Patent is current pending. We believe it will be granted sometime in 2018
- Our New Zealand distributor successfully managed and installed their first Solar Safety Shutoff as part of making solar safe in Government schools. Our distributor is now negotiating with the NZ government to install Solar Safety ShutOFF on all government schools.
Meet some of the Team
Business Development - Queensland
7 years as successful small business owner
20+ years of corporate experience
My busy life revolves around my 2 young boys and beautiful wife. I would do anything to keep them safe. I could not forgive myself if they were exposed to a risk that I was made aware of. That’s why I have safety switches throughout my home and keep my car regularly serviced. One of my driving passions is to raise awareness to solar safety. It’s a way for me to contribute to my community.